Thread subject: Security Override :: Forensics 9 - MD5 Discrepancy

Posted by nitrusinc on 05/05/2011 05:10:26
#1

Just in case anyone was having an issue with Forensics 9 accepting the MD5 of the image... Windows 7 gave a different result than Windows XP...


Just thought that might be relevant to someone.

Happy hacking =]

Posted by mandrake on 05/05/2011 06:10:14
#2

do it online....

Posted by homersec on 05/05/2011 11:05:19
#3

i've just got the problem ^^

I've tried with HASHCALC software and on line, they give me the same HASH...but doesn't work...
I've tried on XP an win7...

any idea ?

Edited by homersec on 05/05/2011 11:19:22

Posted by zuibendeyu on 07/29/2011 05:59:56
#4

homersec wrote:
i've just got the problem ^^

I've tried with HASHCALC software and on line, they give me the same HASH...but doesn't work...
I've tried on XP an win7...

any idea ?



me too i've got place and data and a photo but, i got md5 of photo is doesn't work too the same as you , i try it on windows xp even on linux ,Well it was fail :(

Posted by auditorsec on 07/29/2011 09:48:44
#5

zuibendeyu wrote:
homersec wrote:
i've just got the problem ^^

I've tried with HASHCALC software and on line, they give me the same HASH...but doesn't work...
I've tried on XP an win7...

any idea ?



me too i've got place and data and a photo but, i got md5 of photo is doesn't work too the same as you , i try it on windows xp even on linux ,Well it was fail :(


PM me the hash you are tying to submit, as i see there is no issue with the challenge, the only thing is some hash softwares generate hash as all caps, and some dont... that could be the issue, but convert the case and try....

:)

Posted by zuibendeyu on 07/29/2011 09:59:07
#6

auditorsec wrote:
zuibendeyu wrote:
homersec wrote:
i've just got the problem ^^

I've tried with HASHCALC software and on line, they give me the same HASH...but doesn't work...
I've tried on XP an win7...

any idea ?



me too i've got place and data and a photo but, i got md5 of photo is doesn't work too the same as you , i try it on windows xp even on linux ,Well it was fail :(


PM me the hash you are tying to submit, as i see there is no issue with the challenge, the only thing is some hash softwares generate hash as all caps, and some dont... that could be the issue, but convert the case and try....

:)



well thanks auditorsec :) i'll try it try again

Posted by madf0x on 07/29/2011 16:09:33
#7

Its also quite simply possible that you extracted the image wrong :P

Posted by zediwon on 03/16/2013 14:44:08
#8

can anyone help me on how can i extract the image? i get a ASCII formatted image(or whatever)...

Posted by zediwon on 03/21/2013 09:00:41
#9

i still cant understand. i mean all u guys are talking about is the Hash but what about us(the guys we havent extracted the image that holds the hash) please i need help on how to extract the stupid data... then the cAse sEnsetivity wont be a problem

Posted by tm23789666 on 08/02/2014 04:24:20
#10

For a correct hash, try to open the jpeg file in Windows and "save as a copy". You get a new jpeg with the same size but different header. I passed the challenge this way.